FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

First bike

Jump to newest
 

By *ubba80 OP   Man
3 weeks ago

ayr

I’m going to be sitting my cbt soon haven’t been on a road bike since 1993 old fs1e

I’m looking for something that looks sporty but is good for my 20 mile a day commute any suggestions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ngelnfugyCouple
3 weeks ago

Edinburgh/ Dundee/ Dubai

Kawasaki 1000SX

Honda VFR 800 0r 1200

Yamaha Tenere

Kawasaki Versys

Suzuki Vstrom

Yamaha FZR1 OR 6

Resist chinese if you can

they are not " there" yet

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *din_GentMan
3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Guess it also depends what engine size , if CBT are you saying limited to 125cc.

I’ve had reliable , stupid , right now I have stupid that’s been reliable so far but I know there’ll be problems ahead as it’s a KTM but I fucking love it 😂

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *taffsguy2025Man
3 weeks ago

Lichfield

Avoid the Chinese bikes, they will turn bad, second hand Jap is the way to go.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aybe one dayMan
3 weeks ago

annan

Your quite tall for a 125 yzf r or don't shout at me) lxr

Big bike cbr 650 f comfy cheap ins still quick

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ubba80 OP   Man
2 weeks ago

ayr

I’m stuck with a 125 for the next few months till I can do my test

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *b12Man
2 weeks ago

Hull

if the intention is to take next test and move up to a bigger bike, dont mess about, just get a decent honda cg125, not cb125 (not as reliable), CG125s are not the most sporty looking thing, but it'll eat up 20 miles a day without issues, and be easy to flog on when you upgrade.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *dtfMan
3 days ago

Edinburgh

get a good lock..

20miles is a long walk home after some shites nicked it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ssman999Man
2 days ago

Stornoway

my first was a Honda CBF125. never gave me any real bother and parts are cheap

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *ister MeanerMan
15 hours ago

Manchester

As said, avoid Chinese bikes. I’ve heard more bad things than good about them and honestly I’d rather pay more for a better quality machine.

Get something cheap & reliable to make all your mistakes on that’s easy to fix. Japanese is always a good smart move as they’re fairly cheap & very reliable if maintained.

Suzuki Bandit or SV650 were essentially the staple beginner bikes for any fresh DAS passers 15 years ago, they’re basically the Vauxhall Corsa of the bike world.

The likes of the MT07 was still fairly new back then and a lot of new riders were buying them before wondering why a handful of throttle would send it in to orbit…….there was even a countrywide ban on new riders taking out demo bikes after an incident at Bill Smith Motors in Chester.

If you have budget for something newer then good for you, I swear by only buying new now but that’s because I’ve got the experience & confidence to (hopefully) not make any newbie errors but when I was learning the ropes my first bike was a 2007 SV650S and it was more than enough while cutting my teeth.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top