Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

Moto Gp

Jump to newest

By *ent in Black OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Silsden

Does anyone else think GP is getting overly aggressive? The riders seem to clash a lot more now.

Some claim it’s down to how fast the bikes go, but you know if you’re cutting another rider short.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aturedabberMan
5 weeks ago

Nantwich

Yeah I'm surprised we haven't had another Simonchelli incident

By *ent in Black OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Silsden

"Yeah I'm surprised we haven't had another Simonchelli incident "

I think it’s starting to get dangerous, certainly unprofessional.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple
5 weeks ago

wonderland.

I think its a lot less contact than it was 20 years ago. Rubbing is racing as they say. It's a lot safer than it was 20 years ago.. or even 5 years ago.

Marcos accident was one of those tragic moments but they all know this when they go out. There have been many incidents lately that have been given penalties that back in the day

.they would have just put it down to a racing incident.

Cali

By *ustamanMan
5 weeks ago

weymouth

Motorcycle racing is dangerous, the close racing contact etc is in general what the paying public wish to see without wanting injury. Unfortunately you can't have close racing and no risk of injury the two are mutually exclusive. It's a lot safer than it used to be (kit,tracks have all improved) but the risk is still there.

If you really want to see close chaotic racing watch the bunch sprints in any of the cycling grand tour sprint finishes, clad only in lycra riding cm away from each other with barriers and spectators hemming them in all while exceeding 70km/h on a bicycle

By *ustme34Man
5 weeks ago

Bradford

"I think its a lot less contact than it was 20 years ago. Rubbing is racing as they say. It's a lot safer than it was 20 years ago.. or even 5 years ago.

Marcos accident was one of those tragic moments but they all know this when they go out. There have been many incidents lately that have been given penalties that back in the day

.they would have just put it down to a racing incident.

Cali"

cant agree more. Racing is always going to have risks. They all know what they sign up for . If they wernt as fast and was just a procession of riders riding round in qualifying positions then people would complain stil.

The best thing about it is the close action. The overtaking. Riders fighting for top spot because they can . More riders this year are able to

Weather all this changes in 2027 when they change engine size . Aero and other things is another thing. Personally i think this is a backwards step and going to make moto gp into wsbk. Which we already have

Post new Message to Thread