Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

New bike thoughts

Jump to newest

By *aranello OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Sittingbourne

I’ve currently got a Ducati Monster SP. A fantastic bike, brilliant at what it does, however am thinking of going more down the cruiser road, anyone had experience with a HD Sportster S, or Fat Bob, or any other suggestions. Also this time I fancy a lower seat position. Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
6 weeks ago

if your going for a sportster dont bother with the 883, useless! too heavy and too slow. second hand, try a 1200 sport, go pretty good, if you want bigger then try one of the dyna models, they are oldish now but you can customise it extremely easy. apart from that, get as big an engine size as you can afford, but be warned, they are not cheap to buy or run, parts are expensive for what they are. and they break down often! ive had a few, a sportster 1200, great little bike, a dyna, expensive, running costs were horrendous (in 4 years ownership i paid out over 4 grand just to keep it running!). to be quite honest, if you want the pose then yes, get a harley, but your better off getting a jap custom, last a long time if looked after! riding experience will be totally diffrent.

By *uckcherryCouple
6 weeks ago

hull

If you still want something that handles try a suzuki vzr1800, all the looks and sounds of a Harvey, but with sports bike handling..??

By *oxycouple28Couple
6 weeks ago

bexley

If your thinking cruiser and have Harley type money.. I would suggest indian. They are doing some great bikes and in my opinion better spec than HD

By *ikerD87Man
6 weeks ago

Surrey

I quite fancy a Harley now

By *rafter69Man
6 weeks ago

upminster

My pals trying to get me on the Harleys but I just cant stop the urge for a sports bike.

By *ove to watch in suffolkMan
6 weeks ago

stowmarket

i love my new ccm

600 cc of pure joy

Post new Message to Thread