Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

Taxing April 1st

Jump to newest

By * and B OP   Couple
7 weeks ago

Durham

Well after March being a none starter, we were hoping to tax March. April 1st our bikes will be back on the road. Hoping Easter Monday will be a nice dry day to blow the cob webs off

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *coobyABCMan
7 weeks ago

Aberdeen

My plan too

By *asher11Man
7 weeks ago

market harborough

yep digging the duke out of mothballs on monday, its the only one i dont ride all year italian electrics and road salt dont gel well

By *pitroasterspitroastbirdCouple
7 weeks ago

Boston

Same here was going to put it back on the road last month but weather so bad so April will be taxed and ready to ride

By *ustme34Man
7 weeks ago

Bradford

Keep mine taxed all year round . Had a few nice days out ( altho cold ) when had chance over winter months few mild days other week it made an apearance too

By *amish SMan
7 weeks ago

Eastleigh

All ready to go, collected custom fitted ear plugs this afternoon. Looks like I jinxed the weather this weekend.

By *coobyABCMan
7 weeks ago

Aberdeen

We had snow this week. Gritters are out in force again.

By *eGale_MattMan
7 weeks ago

Sunningdale

Is there a specific benefit to taking April first rather than today or the end of the month? I’d hate to miss 3 days of riding if I can avoid it.

By *exy_fiendsCouple
7 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

We taxed all year round, as someone said earlier have already been out a couple of times this year.... Hoping this weekend is going to dry out a bit, might get it out for a blast then, hopefully see some locals out and about??

By * and B OP   Couple
7 weeks ago

Durham

"Is there a specific benefit to taking April first rather than today or the end of the month? I’d hate to miss 3 days of riding if I can avoid it. "

Not at all. Been off work for 2 weeks and was hoping to tax and get out but the weather has been shit. Hoping Monday will be good.

By * and B OP   Couple
7 weeks ago

Durham

"We had snow this week. Gritters are out in force again. "

Bloody salt, the whole reason our bikes get put away for winter, salt just eats them. Even with all the prep for winter with the stuff you spray all over your bike the salt still gets into the bearings and linkages. Our bikes are like new, even my Pan that was written off 14 months ago the recovery man couldn't believe how good it was for a 2009 model. He was so sad he was picking up a bike that should have lasted for ever

By *eGale_MattMan
7 weeks ago

Sunningdale

"Is there a specific benefit to taking April first rather than today or the end of the month? I’d hate to miss 3 days of riding if I can avoid it.

Not at all. Been off work for 2 weeks and was hoping to tax and get out but the weather has been shit. Hoping Monday will be good. "

Completely agree, hoping the weather really picks up the next couple of day.

Looks like tomorrow will be nice so should be out in the Chilterns.

By *ichi_acerMan
7 weeks ago

notts

It’s been gorgeous out today on the bike

By *exbot 1Man
6 weeks ago

Chester le street

"We had snow this week. Gritters are out in force again.

Bloody salt, the whole reason our bikes get put away for winter, salt just eats them. Even with all the prep for winter with the stuff you spray all over your bike the salt still gets into the bearings and linkages. Our bikes are like new, even my Pan that was written off 14 months ago the recovery man couldn't believe how good it was for a 2009 model. He was so sad he was picking up a bike that should have lasted ("

hopefully you will have got a true valuation an good payout. But insurance is a minefield mmm

By *ake3232Man
6 weeks ago

Ingleby Barwick

Same for me. Hopimg weather better tomorrow to get the monster out. Anyone teesside area looking for ride out message me

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 31/03/24 19:37:03]

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

Bloody salt, the whole reason our bikes get put away for winter, salt just eats them. Even with all the prep for winter with the stuff you spray all over your bike the salt still gets into the bearings and linkages. Our bikes are like new, even my Pan that was written off 14 months ago the recovery man couldn't believe how good it was for a 2009 model. He was so sad he was picking up a bike that should have lasted ( hopefully you will have got a true valuation an good payout. But insurance is a minefield mmm"

Got top valuation, exactly what the bike was worth on paper but not what it was worth to me. Bloody useless car driver. She was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention not that that's any consolation

By *exbot 1Man
6 weeks ago

Chester le street

Bloody salt, the whole reason our bikes get put away for winter, salt just eats them. Even with all the prep for winter with the stuff you spray all over your bike the salt still gets into the bearings and linkages. Our bikes are like new, even my Pan that was written off 14 months ago the recovery man couldn't believe how good it was for a 2009 model. He was so sad he was picking up a bike that should have lasted ( hopefully you will have got a true valuation an good payout. But insurance is a minefield mmm

Got top valuation, exactly what the bike was worth on paper but not what it was worth to me. Bloody useless car driver. She was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention not that that's any consolation "

sorry to hear that a good bike is hard to come by especially if looked after. Yes you have to ride with eyes everywhere as cars are out to get you. Mmm

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

Bloody salt, the whole reason our bikes get put away for winter, salt just eats them. Even with all the prep for winter with the stuff you spray all over your bike the salt still gets into the bearings and linkages. Our bikes are like new, even my Pan that was written off 14 months ago the recovery man couldn't believe how good it was for a 2009 model. He was so sad he was picking up a bike that should have lasted ( hopefully you will have got a true valuation an good payout. But insurance is a minefield mmm

Got top valuation, exactly what the bike was worth on paper but not what it was worth to me. Bloody useless car driver. She was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention not that that's any consolation sorry to hear that a good bike is hard to come by especially if looked after. Yes you have to ride with eyes everywhere as cars are out to get you. Mmm"

Eyes are always everywhere, used to teach advanced riding. Just shows you can do everything you possibly can but the idiots still get you

By *exbot 1Man
6 weeks ago

Chester le street

Got top valuation, exactly what the bike was worth on paper but not what it was worth to me. Bloody useless car driver. She was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention not that that's any consolation sorry to hear that a good bike is hard to come by especially if looked after. Yes you have to ride with eyes everywhere as cars are out to get you. Mmm

Eyes are always everywhere, used to teach advanced riding. Just shows you can do everything you possibly can but the idiots still get you "

I agree with that definitely. Got ride defensive mm

By *ushandkittyCouple
6 weeks ago

Gloucester

Got top valuation, exactly what the bike was worth on paper but not what it was worth to me. Bloody useless car driver. She was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention not that that's any consolation sorry to hear that a good bike is hard to come by especially if looked after. Yes you have to ride with eyes everywhere as cars are out to get you. Mmm

Eyes are always everywhere, used to teach advanced riding. Just shows you can do everything you possibly can but the idiots still get you "

Just gotta ride thinking that's everyone in a metal box is trying to kill you

By *ananas2013Man
6 weeks ago

wolves

Great british weather haha. Good start very wet monday

By *hromosexualsCouple
6 weeks ago

Near Abercynon

Although the weather hasn't been great we've still managed to get out fairly regularly over winter and been to a winter rally in Germany. Definitely looking forward to better weather though.

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

Eyes are always everywhere, used to teach advanced riding. Just shows you can do everything you possibly can but the idiots still get you I agree with that definitely. Got ride defensive mm"

Yes definitely. If I didn't have a plan at all times and tried to use my escape plan we would have been injured a lot more that we were. Escape plan nearly worked but she was really committed to take us out

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

Eyes are always everywhere, used to teach advanced riding. Just shows you can do everything you possibly can but the idiots still get you

Just gotta ride thinking that's everyone in a metal box is trying to kill you

"

The exact starting point to Advanced Training

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

Well bikes are taxed but we are looking out the window at the rain bouncing on the tarmac. Who'd have thought it, more wet weather

By *asher11Man
6 weeks ago

market harborough

Got out today 50 miles before it rained luckily i was on the way home by then towels 'r'us

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

Think I'm jinxed for riding the bike this year. Taxed 1st then 2nd April tore my calf muscle so I can't even get on the bike now..... Aaarrrggghhh

By *exbot 1Man
6 weeks ago

Chester le street

"Think I'm jinxed for riding the bike this year. Taxed 1st then 2nd April tore my calf muscle so I can't even get on the bike now..... Aaarrrggghhh"
that's not good grrr

By *nknownguylancsMan
6 weeks ago

Lancashire

Anyone recommend a good online retailer for decent but reasonably priced tyres?

By *orthmale200Man
6 weeks ago

Inverness

Historic and cheap insurance, so just let it run all year

By *rodigalMan
6 weeks ago

sunderland

Hope to get out this weekend on the transalp did a triumph off rd course in malaga last month and been away to Vegas mates have been out while I've been away so I'm dying to get out supposed to be good weather

By * and B OP   Couple
6 weeks ago

Durham

"Think I'm jinxed for riding the bike this year. Taxed 1st then 2nd April tore my calf muscle so I can't even get on the bike now..... Aaarrrggghhhthat's not good grrr"

Yes well peed off

By *ushandkittyCouple
5 weeks ago

Gloucester

"Anyone recommend a good online retailer for decent but reasonably priced tyres?"

When I need tyres I use blackcircles to buy them from, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to fit them myself

Post new Message to Thread