Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any people on here have opinions on these looking for a 99/00

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eardedblokeMan
over a year ago

sidmouth

Had a 96 for 14 yeats and 88000 miles.loved it big fast comfy lorry and honda build and reliability.

By *hitchurchBikerMan
over a year ago

Whitchurch

Yep, had my '97 for 13 years. I still get a grin everytime I ride it.

By *oo7kingMan
over a year ago

wing

I have a 2001, love it. There's nothing out there I would trade it for.

By *oodstock2022Man
over a year ago

harlow

My mate has one he cant ride no more

Due to his bad hip

Hes looking to sell been sitting for a bit

But was re commissioned 8 mnths ago

By *kbull2000Man
over a year ago

Carluke

Great bikes. Got my first about 10yrs ago and now have always had one , regardless of what other bikes I have.

Eats up the miles effortlessly and benefits from the last of the legendary Honda build quality. Sadly only a memory now .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Had a couple best mod is a refitted custom seat what a difference plus will take on most modern bikes

By *oekingMan
over a year ago

town

Still have mine didn't want 1 bought it as a inbetweener after crashing zzr 5yr ago

well been to Europe N Ireland and south coast and it's still here in shed

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan
over a year ago

norwich

I've got one of the last made its an 08 with far too much spent on it lol

Within 2 months of buying it and doing half the bits on it went to Germany and Belgium.

If you get one the only company that do the "bagster/baglux" style of tank cover is top selair based in France i highly recommend their gel seats as well, fully customisable any standard ish extras Blackbird specific use "jaws Blackbird"

I've had it 3 years now and unless Honda make a newer one I'll never buy another bike !

By *hitchurchBikerMan
over a year ago

Whitchurch

+1 on getting bits from Jaws Motorcycles. They have most parts in stock and have a wealth of knowledge.

Also have a look at superblackbird dot co dot uk. It's a uk based forum with more information about the bike than you could shake a stick at.

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan
over a year ago

norwich

The only comment on jaws is for normal things like service parts, brakes etc you may find cheaper from sportsbikeshop or someone else, but Blackbird specific then yes, they do top box and panniers set that most people won't have the fixtures for, cruise control, bar risers etc

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan
over a year ago

norwich

Eg jaws set of 4 titanium plugs were about 80 quid ish i found them at sportsbikeshop for 14 quid each !

In fact all my service bits came from sportsbikeshop including new pads and wavy discs (ebc)

Just an afterthought

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"I've got one of the last made its an 08 with far too much spent on it lol

Within 2 months of buying it and doing half the bits on it went to Germany and Belgium.

If you get one the only company that do the "bagster/baglux" style of tank cover is top selair based in France i highly recommend their gel seats as well, fully customisable any standard ish extras Blackbird specific use "jaws Blackbird"

I've had it 3 years now and unless Honda make a newer one I'll never buy another bike !"

I have a mate say the very same thing that he'd never buy another bike as his blackbird was the best bike he'd ever owned. He loved the look of the ZZR1400 when they came out but resisted for a couple of year. He very reluctantly, thinking he'd regret it, changed it to the ZZR. He now says the Blackbird is the 2nd best bike he has ever owned. He does say he misses the Honda but wouldn't swap back

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan
over a year ago

norwich

F & B

Yes I looked at the zzr1400 BUT in the second hand market the Blackbird is a third of the price and if you hunt long enough you could be lucky like me !

I found the 08 with 12.5k on it 2 owners from new already had some extras worth 1k ish fsh, nearly new rear tyre !

I put that beside zzr with same year couldn't get one with anywhere near that low mileage etc without paying 2 or 3 times what I did for mine, admittedly I've spent a hell of a lot on it but I dont plan on ever changing it !!!! (Unless Honda decides to make a better one, which apparently has been talked about)

Op if you want a Blackbird search everywhere and just keep looking eventually a stunner will show up and you can jump at it lol

P.s my dads got an 02 and thats efi but faster than my 08 !

So research and pick carefully for what you want and what your going to do with it, eg mines more set up for going on holiday but a few adjustments and its happy for local.

Each to their own

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"F & B

Yes I looked at the zzr1400 BUT in the second hand market the Blackbird is a third of the price and if you hunt long enough you could be lucky like me !

I found the 08 with 12.5k on it 2 owners from new already had some extras worth 1k ish fsh, nearly new rear tyre !

I put that beside zzr with same year couldn't get one with anywhere near that low mileage etc without paying 2 or 3 times what I did for mine, admittedly I've spent a hell of a lot on it but I dont plan on ever changing it !!!! (Unless Honda decides to make a better one, which apparently has been talked about)

Op if you want a Blackbird search everywhere and just keep looking eventually a stunner will show up and you can jump at it lol

P.s my dads got an 02 and thats efi but faster than my 08 !

So research and pick carefully for what you want and what your going to do with it, eg mines more set up for going on holiday but a few adjustments and its happy for local.

Each to their own"

My post wasn't about price availability or anything else but how much my mate loved his blackbird and never thought he'd find something just a little better. Neither the Blackbird or the ZZR would be for me, personally if I wanted a sports tourer it would be a kawasaki Z1000sx

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

We had a carb'd model.

Probably one of the most reliable bikes we have had.

Getting on a bit now, but still very capable of showing you a set of heels with the right rider.

Most are well looked after as they weren't bought by the younger generation like the Busa was.

If you want a fast reliable sport's tourer, you can't really go wrong with a Blackbird.

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan
over a year ago

norwich

"We had a carb'd model.

Getting on a bit now, but still very capable of showing you a set of heels with the right rider.

Most are well looked after as they weren't bought by the younger generation like the Busa was.

If you want a fast reliable sport's tourer, you can't really go wrong with a Blackbird."

Agreed there are faster bikes out there now but if I feel like it try catching me down the acle straight lol (famous Norfolk Road)

Even my 68 year old father will give someone a run for their money on occasion lol though not so much now as 10 years ago ha ha ha

I never like the gsxr in any form, gave me cramp in my hip ! Lol

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

"We had a carb'd model.

If you want a fast reliable sport's tourer, you can't really go wrong with a Blackbird.

Agreed there are faster bikes out there now but if I feel like it try catching me down the acle straight lol (famous Norfolk Road)

Even my 68 year old father will give someone a run for their money on occasion lol though not so much now as 10 years ago ha ha ha

I never like the gsxr in any form, gave me cramp in my hip ! Lol "

We got rid of ours for a K1300S.

It's a got tons of power but weighs the same as a Ford fiesta lol.

It's got to many sensors on it which can be an absolute pain.

I do however love the front suspension. You can push it hard and it won't dive or flex like telescopic tubes would.

It drinks fuel at an alarming rate when you wind it on, and the servicing can be pricy.

By *enuine Gent 4 funMan
over a year ago

norwich

About 150 miles to tank locally

170,180 maybe on long run in Europe on full days ride

Post new Message to Thread