Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

Lost interest

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all. Since the lock down I have only been out on my bike twice. I seem to have lost all interest on going for a ride as there was nowhere to go.( cafe/bike shop) etc. Now more places are open all be it with restrictions I still can't be bothered. Where can I ride,to get exited about going out for a ride. I have a friday of soon so what can I do. Im in Northamptonshire.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kbull2000Man
over a year ago

Carluke

There has to be a road near you thats noted for the quality of the ride. Just take it easy, don't put any pressures on yourself like time constraints and look on it as an opportunity to relax.

over a year ago

There are some great roads just can't be bothered. Rutland TT route is near and MCN 250mile test rout also.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Take a small flask enjoy the ride, stop for chilled coffee and enjoy the peace.

By *jcukMan
over a year ago

Solihull

For me I think it depends on why you ride. For the ride itself or the company or the chilling in a café. Feels like you need to answer that to understand why you might not be going out. Riding with friends is still an option.

Other than that it could be lock down blues. Is it just riding or have you found a more general lack of desire to do anything? I'm no therapist but is the whole situation taking a toll on your mental health.

By *reenlanerCouple
over a year ago

bournemouth

To be on honest I’m pretty much like the op

Just can’t be bothered this year and I used to ride for a living in my past

Have always done loads of miles 45k on a two or three year old bike,

Now I’m down to 4K on two year old bike

over a year ago

"For me I think it depends on why you ride. For the ride itself or the company or the chilling in a café. Feels like you need to answer that to understand why you might not be going out. Riding with friends is still an option.

Other than that it could be lock down blues. Is it just riding or have you found a more general lack of desire to do anything? I'm no therapist but is the whole situation taking a toll on your mental health. "

I think its a bit of the blues. No bsb spectating no shows. Just can't see the point. Been invited out Friday as of work. But even now I'm thinking I would rather ride on my own than with mate's.

At least I cleaned my bike yesterday so nice and shiny when I go in the garage

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always post looking to see if folk wanna go out and inevitably I usually end up on my own all the time and for me it’s not a bad thing I just constantly stop off and take pics and more importantly take In the scenery and have some head space xx just say fuk it and go out and once you do it will all come back

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Since this COVID thingy, I’ve been out on the bike as often as I can, just toured France and Spain, now doing my 2 week iso. I have been out on the bike as often as I can, observing the required rules etc, can’t imagine not being able to go out on the bike, usually on my own, sometimes with a couple of mates.

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

"Hi all. Since the lock down I have only been out on my bike twice. I seem to have lost all interest on going for a ride as there was nowhere to go.( cafe/bike shop) etc. Now more places are open all be it with restrictions I still can't be bothered. Where can I ride,to get exited about going out for a ride. I have a friday of soon so what can I do. Im in Northamptonshire. "

Have to admit I am the same at the moment work and back is about all my bike has done so far this year that is about a 5 mile round trip. Just can't see point in heading anywhere the way things are going and have been this year. I still enjoy using my bike for work every if it's only short journey, I just can't find the incentive to go further while everything is restricted.

Hopefully next year will be better for everyone and everything.

over a year ago

So. Today I finished work early for the first time since I can remember. I get home 14.30 suns out so I go straight in the garage try the bike. It starts 1st time. I get all my kit on put bike in street move car onto drive close garage. I get on the bike to go for a ride start to move of and stall it. FUCKING THING won't start again. Give it 5 try again NO. Battery flat as pancake. Move car open garage push bike in take kit of move car back put bike on trickle charger go indoors take all my clothes of and look on here . At least it will be charged for Friday. Oh well a wank it is then.

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

"So. Today I finished work early for the first time since I can remember. I get home 14.30 suns out so I go straight in the garage try the bike. It starts 1st time. I get all my kit on put bike in street move car onto drive close garage. I get on the bike to go for a ride start to move of and stall it. FUCKING THING won't start again. Give it 5 try again NO. Battery flat as pancake. Move car open garage push bike in take kit of move car back put bike on trickle charger go indoors take all my clothes of and look on here . At least it will be charged for Friday. Oh well a wank it is then. "

Just had to put a new battery on my bike about 2 weeks ago, all the lack of use and short trips have killed the old one battery was 3 years old so was about ready for replacing.

By *ranny hunterMan
over a year ago

Durham

I feel exactly the same. Just can’t be bothered. Thrill has gone.

over a year ago

"So. Today I finished work early for the first time since I can remember. I get home 14.30 suns out so I go straight in the garage try the bike. It starts 1st time. I get all my kit on put bike in street move car onto drive close garage. I get on the bike to go for a ride start to move of and stall it. FUCKING THING won't start again. Give it 5 try again NO. Battery flat as pancake. Move car open garage push bike in take kit of move car back put bike on trickle charger go indoors take all my clothes of and look on here . At least it will be charged for Friday. Oh well a wank it is then.

Just had to put a new battery on my bike about 2 weeks ago, all the lack of use and short trips have killed the old one battery was 3 years old so was about ready for replacing."

Should keep it on trickle but again couldn't be bothered.

By *rincess and her FrogCouple
over a year ago

congleton

I’m completely the opposite OP, think I’d have gone mad without being able to go out on the bike. Been out at least 4 times a week after work and weekends either on my own or with Princess and loved the quieter roads earlier in the year too

Post new Message to Thread